Friday, March 16, 2012

Home girl Jelimo gone and done brought home the GOLD!

So did anyone catch the World Indoor Athletics Championships in Istanbul, Turkey this past week??? Well, I didn't because I don't have a tele, but I do live in Kenya where my home girl Jelimo is a house hold name. Well, home girl went and came home with the gold medal in the 800m race!!! Thata girl! She is the first woman in Kenya to ever take the gold in the 800 meter race. Oh snap! I cannot wait to watch her smoke all white girls and american black girls in London. Because she is kenyan. And she is Jelimo. She trains on dirt clay roads. Dodging cows, chickens, sheep, goats, matatu's, and on lookers all day long.  She's not in fancy smancy training centers like most americans. Yes, I love america home of the free, but most need to be humblized every once in a while. When Jelimo runs in August, the kenyan t-shirt, jacket, and inner Jelimo will be coming out. You can bet your money on it. I cannot wait my friends!!!!

You tellem girl, you tellem!!
Picture (via)

And then just maybe I can upgrade my status from "Team Manager" to Runner. I am Jelimo too after all you know.  
But with the looks of this picture... I'd say... I have a long way to go from being the "Team Manager" to Julie Jelimo the runner. But whatevs... as long as I have a dream.


2 comments:

  1. Jelimo done gone and done it!!! Hahaha I agree- I think American runners need to be "humblized" like this girl. I think our team manager should try to start living up to her African tribal name! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHA I just KNEW that you would get a kick out of this!!!!! Thats why I tagged you in it!!! Make sure dad sees this!!!! Hahaha

      Delete