Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Half Way There!

Well I made it to Amsterdam alive, and I've seriously been doing the best I can to enjoy the 8 hour layover I have in the airport until boarding my next plane to Nairobi. I had planned on leaving for a few hours, but when the weather called for rain, freezing temps, and gail force winds that would send me tumbling like a tumbleweed in kansas I opted to stay dry and warm indoors in the airport. So fun I know, but I've tried to make the best of it for example in the airport I ate at Amsterdam Cafe with a girl I sat next to on the plane who actually know Zeke Rhodes. (Thats Bill and Laura oldest son) Crazy right? Anyway she and I have had a lot of fun keeping each other company.
This would be my delish hot chocolate I drank. They froth the milk and you stick the chocolate square in the hot milk till it melts! Oh My Word America.... Get with the Dutch Program bc this is good!
Since I'm walking around like a zombie from outer space who hasn't smelled fresh air nor slept... Patty (my airplane friend) and I decided to take full advantage of the opportunity of being in Amsterdam annnndddd..... Go to an Oxygen Bar!! To get "Alive Again" I'm not quite sure how much "alive" I am since breathing in the oxygen for 15min but whatever! It smelled good and I mean It's all about the experience right?? DUH!!


Ok so Im exhausted. I really don't remember the last time I was this tired.The guy at the oxygen bar kept asking me "if I was okay" and I was like "Im fine It's just sleep deprivation! So since apparently I looked horrible or sick or exhausted I opted for the 30 minute massage to follow. Diva yes I know, but you try traveling for 2 days under cramped conditions with 200lbs of luggage YOU WOULD TOO! :)  Ok Im starving and Im internet is running out bc you have to pay for it here bc Amsterdamians are cheap for some reason, but I promise a good post tomorrow that more informed and updated with better pictures that aren't from my iphone when I reach Nairobi! Thank you everyone for all your love, support, and prayers I wouldn't be able to do what Im doing now without it!!



**Please keep in your prayers that everything with my bags goes through customs tomorrow morning (your night) without a hitch. I have lots of heavy medical equipment Im bringing with me that is ridiculously heavy. Oh and that I can get some shut eye!! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Julie- Praying for you! I miss you like crazy already but will stay in touch through your blog and e-mail. I love you!!! Kitty Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, been thinking about you and praying for you the last several months since I heard about your amazing trip. I just found your blog and am your new, biggest fan. Can't wait to read every post. You crack me up. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete